Thursday, November 19, 2009

Building My First Arduino Shield

Yesterday I built my first Arduino shield. I've been wanting to put one of these together for a long time as I am tired of having the disconnect and re-connect wires individually whenever I want to swap my Arduino between projects.

It took me about an hour and half to solder all of the tiny little pieces together. As you can see from the pictures, I did a pretty good job of putting this little sucker together. Well, at least it looks good as I have not tested the shield yet to confirm it is actually working.

This was by far the best soldering practice I've had to date. Very timely considering that I will be working on the Monome build this weekend. Planning on purchasing another one of these soon.

No comments: