Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Design for Cat Toy Controller - IPC Final Project

This evening I worked on the design of the joystick controller for my cat toy project. I decided to put the laser joystick on the lower left-hand corner, underneath two status lights (the first is power status, the second is laser status), in the center I have placed the joystick for the arm, and the bird call buttons are on the right-hand side. I am still considering switching the location of the bird call buttons and the large joystick. C

Here are my design documents. I plan to start building the controller tomorrow.
Design for Cat Toy Joystick
Design for Cat Toy Joystick
Design for Cat Game Joystick Controller
There are still a few things that I need to sort out. First, I need to figure out a solution to hold the thumb joystick in place. Second, I need to find wire that is softer and more pliable than the 22-gauge wire that I am accustomed to using. Last, I need to determine whether the final design will include a solderless or soldered breadboard.

No comments: