Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Best of 2008: Yanko Design's Top 50 Pick

Since I started my design curriculum I have been following the Yanko design blog. This resource has proven to be a consistent source of fresh and innovative design concepts. Their focus is primarily on industrial design, rather than interaction design. That said, since most of the product ideas they feature are technology-based, the concepts often do address interaction design (though not at the level of depth that I would like them to be explored - but this is my problem not theirs).

Without further ado let me get to the point - today I came across their list of top 50 design concepts from 2008. This post includes all of the coolest products that they've mentioned on their blog throughout the year - ranging from simple bookmarks, curtains and clothing to advanced new portable phones and wearable computing devices. Here is a short list of some of my favorites in no particular order (with links to the original posts):
[via Yanko Design]

No comments: