Monday, September 8, 2008

Welcome to My Design Project

I’ve always been a fan of design - graphic design, furniture design, industrial design, interior design, fashion design, interaction design, architecture, and the list goes on. Recently I have chosen to put this passion to use once again; I am committed to becoming an amateur design practioner - I use the word amateur here in its original sense: "lover, devotee, enthusiastic pursuer of an objective".

In my last years in college and the few years that followed, I dabbled in graphic and interior design. During this time I developed flyers for parties, websites for friends and small businesses, and promotional materials for aspiring DJs (yours truly); I also constantly evolved the interior design of my apartment (to my roommate's surprise as this would often happen overnight); and designed furniture pieces with varying levels of success. It has been many years since I stopped practicing design. This has become an untapped source of passion and energy.

This blog will serve several purposes: First, it will provide an outline of the design curriculum that I have created. Second, the act of updating this blog will be integral to my learning process. Third, the posts will function as a repository of design resources. Lastly, the content will serve as a reflection of my learning and understanding.


No comments: